DOES YOUR PET NEED EMERGENCY VETERINARY CARE?
**Temporarily not offering emergency services outside of normal business hours.
Pickens Animal Rescue Veterinary Hospital provides comprehensive treatment services, hospitalization, and critical care for pet emergencies, if applicable and during our normal business hours. We are NOT an emergency facility but the only companion animal hospital in Jasper, Ball Ground and Ellijay with extended operating hours.
If your pet requires a service that we cannot provide, we’ll refer you to an appropriate 24-hour urgent care center. Call our office now for help at 706-253-2266.
AFTER HOURS/ EMERGENCIES:
During our regular operating hours, please call your trusted staff at Pickens Animal Rescue Veterinary Hospital for all your emergency needs so we may recommend the best course of action for your pet. Outside of our business hours, we recommend you contact the following emergency pet hospitals within a 50-mile radius:
1. Mountain Emergency Animal Center
1163 Ridge Road, Blue Ridge, GA 30513
2. Animal Hospital of Towne Lake
3105 Parkbrooke Circle, Woodstock, GA 30189
3. Bluepearl Pet Hospital
455 Abernathy Road NE, Sandy Springs, GA 30328
WHAT IS CONSIDERED A PET EMERGENCY?
In most cases, the following conditions are too risky to wait before seeking treatment:
- Injury from a traumatic accident or from an attack by another animal
- Prolonged diarrhea or vomiting that contains blood
- Collapse or loss of consciousness
- Difficulty breathing
- Swollen and or painful abdomen
- Foaming at the mouth
- Swallowing a foreign object
- Ingestion of a toxic substance
- Difficulty urinating
EMERGENCY TESTS AND DIAGNOSTICS
During your pet’s stay, we provide the highest-quality care and attention. All hospitalized patients are kept in a specialized treatment area where they are closely monitored.
Our veterinary team is skilled in offering surgical, diagnostic, and medical care and work with compassion and efficiency to ensure a positive outcome.
We offer the latest diagnostics and testing for our urgent care patients at our emergency veterinary clinic, including:
- Blood analysis. A blood analysis can help us determine what is wrong with your dog or cat if they are experiencing an unknown illness or has ingested a toxic substance.
- Digital X-rays. X-rays help us determine what kind of internal injuries your pet might be experiencing after a fight or accident involving a car.
- Surgery. Sometimes pets need to be brought into surgery to repair internal injuries.
- Medication. Medicines may be necessary to help your pet recover from a medical emergency or illness. We keep a range of pet medicines on hand
to ensure that your pet's needs are covered.
For more information on our services, to book an appointment or get information for an emergency referral, please call our office at (706) 253- 2266.